Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Outlook 2016: Anna Karolina Schmiedlova

Another player many tennis fans including me praise to have a good 2016 is Schmiedlova. The Slovak had her best season in 2015 and as she has been a great junior her time to shine in the WTA tour must be near. This is my thoughts on her 2015 and my predictions for her 2016.

2015:A star is born.

2015 was definitely Anna's best season.The year were she made herself known to the tennis world. Even though the start was not ideal and she had some bad loses,she had a generally consistent year winning her first 2 WTA Titles in 3 finals and making her first 2 premier level 5 QFs. Also,another good factor is that she got to play more top players like Aga Radwanska,Sara Errani,Caroline Wozniacki and Petra Kvitova,beating some of them as well. She did beat Aga Radwanska in Cincinatti in a great match by her with everything working and in general a really good tournament. Also,she gave immense fight against Caro in Wuhan to make an UNBELIEVABLE come back and beat one of the top seeds in another steady tournament from her. I really appreciate steady seasons and Im passionate supporter of the opinion that stability is always rewarded in the end.Also,for me winning titles is something really important for a young player.They show that you can win multiple matches against lower ranked players and higher ranked. They are the proof you are not just a giant-killer.About,Ana's season you can see more in my Zhuhai preview articles as well,where she made it as an alternate and a player a match beating easily Roberta Vinci.

2016:But will the star shine?

As we all know WTA is fond off naming players Rising Stars and "predicting " that they have a brand future. Though,not everyone is one of them. In my opinion,Anna-Karolina must be watched as one and I believe that she can have a good 2016 as she has in general some great characteristics and something that lacks in the modern WTA youngsters,stability.About her game I have to say that her stable baseline game can trouble the WTA world in 2016 especially on clay. Also,her groundstrokes can take crazy angles and be really demanding to exploit. However,everyone has their disadvantages. While Anna's groundstrokes are aggressive-minded she does not have a killing shot,rarely will you see her having an uncatchable one(even though they will always put you on defensive position),so I think that she must work on her variety and net play. I will emphasise on net play as Anna had not had any good results on grass this year so it will be good for her improvement in that surface. Moreover,she is 1.76m tall so she can work on her serve technique and why not in her return as well.  Anyway, I think everything depends on hard work. The talent is there but the player must always work to get improved and have the results. I think Anna is in the right direction and I believe that she is a hard-working girl in search of accomplishing her goals. I predict that she will have a great 2016. The most important for her now is to get to play more at the big stages,to get accustomed to them. This year,as she will be seeded at the slams(she is in the AO at least) there is no doubt we will see her more in the big stages and against the top seeds. For me, Anna can end the 2016 season inside the top 15. Im maybe too optimistic but I see future in the face of this girl..Probably,because I like her character as well,I mean that she is not like the other wanna be stars of the game(p.ex. Bouchard).I may be wrong. Hopefully,the time to see has come close.




I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! THANKS FOR READING MY ARTICLES!  I would love to hear your opinion in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment